C0455 error after replacing intermediate shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still can't offer any help...but I put the upper/lower ISS in. Then tried to put the bearing and sensor in. The dorman bearing was a POS and now it makes a little bit of noise. I couldn't get the new delco sensor in all the way and in the process broke the little tab off of it. :mad: Now I'm not sure what to do. As it sits now, it's got no sensor, but mine has been unplugged for about six months anyway as my steering was over-acting at low speeds. Without it plugged in, it behaves better. Was hoping the new one would fix, but unless I take it to someone to put in, I'll likely live with it for a bit.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? I was able to get my new sensor put in last night and all is well. Have you seen if an alignment shop can reset yours? The GM part was ~$100 and took me about a half hour to put in along with a proper GM bearing if you're going the replacement route. Much cheaper than that dealer quoted you.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread, but I seem to have the same (or similar) issue...

When I purchased my Yukon, the 'Service Stability' message was on. The vehicle also had terrible steering problems. I replaced just about everything steering related (tie rods in/out, control arms, added a steering dampener) and got an alignment. Also, I replaced the steering angle sensor. When I first started driving, the message was gone and it seemed to steer well, and I was happy about that.

After about a mile, the message came back and the steering is awful again. I KNOW my steering wheel did not move at all when I installed the new sensor (I did the seat belt trick).

Anyone have any thoughts why I keep tripping this message? I was looking for a device to read/reset the sensor... Will this do the trick:

http://a.co/d1thVbY

Thanks for any help!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread, but I seem to have the same (or similar) issue...

When I purchased my Yukon, the 'Service Stability' message was on. The vehicle also had terrible steering problems. I replaced just about everything steering related (tie rods in/out, control arms, added a steering dampener) and got an alignment. Also, I replaced the steering angle sensor. When I first started driving, the message was gone and it seemed to steer well, and I was happy about that.

After about a mile, the message came back and the steering is awful again. I KNOW my steering wheel did not move at all when I installed the new sensor (I did the seat belt trick).

Anyone have any thoughts why I keep tripping this message? I was looking for a device to read/reset the sensor... Will this do the trick:

http://a.co/d1thVbY

Thanks for any help!

@shreksbrother
Did you get this fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE