Buying a high mileage tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so im narrowing down my search and I have a couple choices to make between today and Saturday. Here is the first one on Auto trader

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...t=[CHEV[TAHOE[]][]]&listingId=370935830&Log=0

Here is the second choice:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...t=[CHEV[TAHOE[]][]]&listingId=372409979&Log=0

The main differences in these two are price. But the carfax on the first one looks real nice listing all the maintenance. That to me says the owner took care of it. What do you guys think? The second one is just nice all around and is CPO, but comes with a price tag.

Also, does active fuel management come on all tahoes?

Last edited:

wildwest450

Reaction score
With anything under 100,000 miles, I would take the best maintained one hands down. My last 3 GM trucks have over a million miles on them combined, maintenance counts!

Independent755

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Luis go with the better maintained one since it's cheaper anyway. If you are still interested in the other one though, have you asked for maintenance records?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFM or DOD came on 07 + Tahoe's, though I think it was introduced in 05. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Find out as much as you can especially involving the DOD.
Otherwise, I wouldn't really trust what any dealer says, especially when it comes to maintenance. Regardless, change all fluids and filters and keep a log from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whit2285

Latest posts