Buttons are stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So this has been driving me crazy. I have the automatic climate control and the buttons for "Auto," and the button to change the direction of air stick! I press them in and they stick. It's almost like there they have lost the rubber behind them - not sure. Where can I get this refurbed or can I fix it myself.

At this point I am sticking a knife in to pop the buttons out when I need to change from defrost to vents, etc.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I'd just take it apart and look at what's going on. May just be sticky in between.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find reconditioned climate controllers on EBAY for around $125.00

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I'd just take it apart and look at what's going on. May just be sticky in between.

If you aren't comfortable taking it apart, you could also try some dielectric grease that comes in aerosol form. I believe you can buy it at Radio Shack or Home Depot. I would still make sure the car isn't on when you use it. I think it comes in a grey can

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It could be just gummed up with dirt. I sprayed some silicone spray, wipes t down and used compressed air lightly. Problem fixed.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Should have just been a simple cleaning.
Too bad you didn't clean it before you bought the new one. Oh well though, at least it will look nice and new.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I can always send it back.;) My wife has to have it working (or will pitch a FIT). I will try cleaning it when I get home as well. It might be nice to have a spare. I could put the new one in and keep the old as a spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk