BUTTON ON THE BACK OF THE INTAKE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what this button is for on the back of the intake manifold on my 5.3L?

ABFADFF0-DB6B-495A-9828-533B1157A6A5.png

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm? Interesting. I too have the hydro boost just wondering why they wouldn’t just plug it. The button pushes in and comes out with a click.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm? Interesting. I too have the hydro boost just wondering why they wouldn’t just plug it. The button pushes in and comes out with a click.
I think the button works as a cap, but I plugged it just in case. If you pull it out it will probably cause a big vacuum leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It pushes in and pops back out like that because that's the spring keeper that holds the button in, which is actually a plug. The vacuum hose that goes there has the same kind of a keeper but it's easier to remove; you just squeeze the thing. It's the same kind of keeper that the fuel line quick-connects use. I'm thinking they figured you wouldn't be taking that off and on so they made it to where you need a tool to release it, like the fuel lines.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you press that button it makes your 5.3L go to the output of a 6.0L. But you have to do the michael jordan tongue to the side thing while you are pushing the button for it to work right. Oh and have to take a vid of it and put on youtube so all others will know how to do it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman