Burning Smell Outside and Middle of Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnyInCo

Reaction score
My 2008, 130,000 miles, is producing a slight burning-like smell. The strange to me part is it is not noticeable to me from the engine area but in the middle of the rig. I did have the radiator flushed the other day, along with new upper and lower control arms on both front sides. The serpentine belt was replaced last year along with the power steering pump.

I know it could be endless reasons for the smell but how do you go about eliminating possible reasons? I can borrow my neighbor's car jack to get under it and investigate further.

Thank you

OP
OP
SunnyInCo

SunnyInCo

Reaction score
Quick update. I have not been on a long-distance drive since this post, however, just some 30 min type around town driving has not reproduced the smell. Crossing my fingers it was some antifreeze or other substance that burned off.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update. I have not been on a long-distance drive since this post, however, just some 30 min type around town driving has reproduced the smell. Crossing my fingers it was some antifreeze or other substance that burned off.
Are you saying that it has or has not reproduced the smell? It seems that your 2 statements conflict so I just wanted to make sure all is well.

OP
OP
SunnyInCo

SunnyInCo

Reaction score
Are you saying that it has or has not reproduced the smell? It seems that your 2 statements conflict so I just wanted to make sure all is well.
Sorry, I missed the "Not" past of the statement. I have NOT noticed the smell again. My guess it was some antifreeze or othe fluid from the exhaust or another part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971

Latest posts