Buffeting Explanation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When driving your trucks, can you look at the door seems (weather stripping ) and see daylight?
Maybe this noise can be canceled out by a redesign of the weather stripping around the doors.

funkdoobiest

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sucks that the GM's have buffeting even when the windows are up. The issue has kept me from getting one. Like mentioned earlier, the issue could be occurring anywhere, under the car, wheel wells, etc. On a side note, the best SUV I ever had that solved the issue with rolling the windows down was a Toyota 4runner. The rear view windows are motorized like side windows and retract into the hatch (actually a tailgate on the 4 runner). Roll that baby down and the buffeting stopped. The rear view window on the 4runner (and old wagons) are awesome, I don't know why more companies don't do this.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
I came across an interesting thread on a Tesla forum. In one of the hatchback models, people were experiencing odd pressure sensations and ear popping with the windows up. They traced the problem to a loose section of the hatch, that was bouncing up and down on uneven road surfaces. The hatch was essentially acting like a large speaker, compressing the air inside the cabin and causing discomfort to passengers. Wasn't there a known issue with the roof de-laminating in our trucks? It would take a fairly large surface oscillating to create this speaker effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE