Broken park brake cable..... need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I broke my intermediate park brake cable. Dealer part (go figure). Now I need to install the new one but it will require adjusting the cable. If I am not mistaken, I will need to take off the rotors to get to the adjustment screw(s)?

Any input here would be appreciated.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
IIRC, you shouldnt need to remove the rear rotors to adjust the park brake. There should be a plugged hole on the rear cover sheild.

You take the rubber grommet out and you will see the adjuster wheel. Using your tool, you then can adjust the parking brake.

OP
OP
B

BoBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Many thanks, that's exactly what I needed!

ps. It's so nice to be able to post w/out a database error!

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
IIRC, you shouldnt need to remove the rear rotors to adjust the park brake. There should be a plugged hole on the rear cover sheild.

You take the rubber grommet out and you will see the adjuster wheel. Using your tool, you then can adjust the parking brake.

am i a total dumb ass... i cant find the rubber grommit

OP
OP
B

BoBo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see the rubber "boot/grommet" that fits around the arm that the cable attaches to on the back side of the wheel... but I don't see a adjuster wheel? Am I missing something here too?

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
tybardy, you crack me up. Ok I'll go out and see if i can find something and take a pic.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
OK, I just got back inside from taking some pics. It looks to me as if the adjustment happens in and around the parking brake cable assy.

SDC10206.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick