Broken Connector on Evap Canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was replacing the fuel pump on my 2002 tahoe and I accidentally pulled one of the lines too hard, breaking the connector off of the evap canister. These things are absurdly expensive, and not locally available (that i have found yet), so is there anything I can do to safely let the car run?

WildWillie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I was replacing the fuel pump on my 2002 tahoe and I accidentally pulled one of the lines too hard, breaking the connector off of the evap canister. These things are absurdly expensive, and not locally available (that i have found yet), so is there anything I can do to safely let the car run?

I did exactly the same thing. I ended up drilling & tapping & RTVing in a 1/4" fitting from Lowes and using some rubber hose attached the plastic hose. Been on for a couple years with 0 problems.

OP
OP
L

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did exactly the same thing. I ended up drilling & tapping & RTVing in a 1/4" fitting from Lowes and using some rubber hose attached the plastic hose. Been on for a couple years with 0 problems.

That is ******** engineering right there. I however did not have the ambition and ended up buying the part from chevy.

AllStock

Reaction score

Could you upload a few pics of how yours looks. Id like to do the same to mine, broke the nipple clean off from canister

AllStock

Reaction score
I just drilled and tapped and put in a 1/8npt fitting and took for a ride on highway and my scanner read a p0453. High pressure in evap system. Is that going to cause a problem?

WildWillie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could you upload a few pics of how yours looks. Id like to do the same to mine, broke the nipple clean off from canister

I did this repair years ago. Worked flawlessly since. Sorry, no photos. No idea about the high pressure code.

Michelin11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just drilled and tapped and put in a 1/8npt fitting and took for a ride on highway and my scanner read a p0453. High pressure in evap system. Is that going to cause a problem?
I had the same code but replace ur fuel tank pressure sensor and u should be good like me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz