Brings back memories ( starter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st thing this morning...... Starter "humming".... Crap..... Got underneath with a flashlight and a short handled hammer.
" bang-bang-bang "...... Starter works perfectly now....

It's a high quality starter, installed almost a year ago. I am sure the starter wasn't engaging....
Called my mechanic.... Full warranty.... ordering a new one... ( keeping a hammer in my Yukon until then )

I remember the 'old days', and my '70 GTO / starter issues. Nice to know a hammer still works on a 2005.....

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The starter was going out on my daughter's Sierra. I told her the trick. When it finally died, she was parked in the corner of a low ceiling parking garage and couldn't access it to whack it. :mad: We ended up spending an extra $50 at a shop other than my preferred shop, but the tow was free. That, and the mechanics at the new place were misogynists; she told them what was wrong and the work she wanted done, but they had to test everything. When they came back out after testing, they told her she needed a new starter motor... :emotions122: (And, yes, I know mechanics can't trust everything a customer tells them, but from her description they discounted what she said, totally)

My regular mechanic checked their work the next time she brought it in. At least the other shop's work didn't suck. My daughter and I were also thankful that she decided not to give them a whack with her "starter tool"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts