Bridgestone tires. good or bad? My experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Bridgestone Alenzas 275 50 22 on my 23 Yukon XL. 10,000 miles on them down to 5.5/32. I had a flat in one on the sidewall, so once I looked at them I was like, Ugh. Replaced all 4 and be done with them. Went with Pirelli Scorpion +3. Good looking tire.

Odd, my other Yukon has the Bridgestones and at 4,000 ,miles look brand spanking new.

Any opinions on these stock tires. I had no trouble with them on previous Suburban and Yukons.

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with the 285-45-22 Alenza tires. I can't say much good about them. They wear quickly and perform ****** in conditions other than dry once they get worn down. I won't be replacing them again.

I have, however, had good luck with Bridgestone Dueler tires of the 18 inch rim size on my older Yukons. My 2017 will most likely get 18 or 20 inch wheels and different brand tires when this summer season is done.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Yukon has 18,000 on it, plenty of tread remaining, they are 275-50-22. Most of the miles are highway speeds, 75-80, no flats, no abnormal wear, no balance issues, so far problem free.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 2007, 2008 and 2013 Yukons, I averaged 80K+ on Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza's over the course of multiple sets. They handled Iowa snow just fine.
Tire Rack lists a few versions, but I have always gone with what they list as the OEM one.

That being said, I seem to be in the minority when it comes to having good things to say about Bridgestone. A majority of folks here are big on Michelins it seems.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Bridgestone Alenzas 275 50 22 on my 23 Yukon XL. 10,000 miles on them down to 5.5/32. I had a flat in one on the sidewall, so once I looked at them I was like, Ugh. Replaced all 4 and be done with them. Went with Pirelli Scorpion +3. Good looking tire.

Odd, my other Yukon has the Bridgestones and at 4,000 ,miles look brand spanking new.

Any opinions on these stock tires. I had no trouble with them on previous Suburban and Yukons.
You should contact the gmc dealer and Bridgestone and you may be able to get compensated for “faulty” tires. My mother in law had shit tires on her equinox that wore very fast and she got credited some money by the manufacturer.

chris s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As has been said previously, the Bridgestones on my Yukon wore out quickly and lost a lot of performance from new very early on..I replaced them with Michelin Defenders and have noticed a better and more quiet ride with better wet performance

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They suck plain and simple. They are like taking your life in your own hands in a rain storm. I’ve muddled through them for the last three years to try to get some good out of them, but within a month or so they are going bye-bye…. summer rains are coming and I am not going to have these things on there.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘21 Tahoe had the Bridgestone 22” tires…they were garbage. Just driving around in drive pavement they’d chip or skip a little.

Also had one of them get cut within 500 miles so the dealer replaced it for free under goodwill and another one had a nail in the sidewalk at about 10k miles. I did have an alignment done under warranty as the steering wheel was off a little.

I made it about 28k miles (maybe the alignment helped to make it that far) and replaced them with Pirelli tires through the GM dealer as they gave me a better deal than other places and had a $120 rebate. Also got an alignment so hopefully they last longer.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. The tires that come with the vehicle, car or SUV, are basic crap tires. If you get 10K out of them you’re lucky. Low end, basic tires are just to get it off the lot and down the road a ways. I always go with premium, high quality tires. In the long run they last longer, are a better, safer ride and the warranty is usually better. Getting them from a reputable tire dealer strengthens the deal. “Spend a little extra and get the GOOD STUFF”.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are garbage. Once you buy Michelins, you’ll know just how bad they are. I used a set of the Dueler Alenza to test fit some wheels and that garbage came right back off the next morning. I thought my truck was going to roll over on the highway entrance ramp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave