Break in period? 2015 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lurch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brothers I come before you in shame that I've purchased this vehicle and haven't really driven it. Its been 3 months and I finally broke 100 miles yesterday.

I'm looking forward to a summer road trip but don't know if I will have enough mileage on it to consider it broken in. Dealer/sales told me to just drive it normally, but the manual says 500 miles, nothing over 55 and to go easy on the brakes. I'm partial to follow the manufacturers advice.

Attachments

• live_dangerous.jpg
    live_dangerous.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 23

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang! I had 100 miles on before I got home with mine. Lol... Where are you drivin with 6.5 mpgs?

OP
OP
Lurch

Lurch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang! I had 100 miles on before I got home with mine. Lol... Where are you drivin with 6.5 mpgs?

Its NYC miles. Accelerate 10 feet. Stop. Idle. Accelerate 3 feet. Red light, etc.

I have a daily vehicle for driving which is why its been sitting. I still try to get it out and yesterday took it out for a quick errand. I was psyched about seeing the numbers roll over even though it was just digital.:party52:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more you beat it and give it WOT. The better it will run.

OP
OP
Lurch

Lurch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got milk today. 106..still.

So I can open it up, disregard the break in stuff as bunk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attempt22