Brakes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RossM

Reaction score
I tow a 5000 pound boat during summer months. I have a 07 Tahoe 5.3 LTZ. What are the best stock size brake rotors and pads? I thought Chevrolet/GM made rotors and brake pads for the comercial tahoe but my dealer could not cross it over for the 07 model. Has anybody used them before or any great aftermarket sets. 100,000 miles and three sets of pads and rotors and I'm an easy stopping person not one to slam to a stop. the third set is napas premium rotors, ceramic/organic front pads and organic rear pads they seem to have lasted the longest nothing like my 02 Escalade( changed the pads at 55,000) should have keep that truck.

Thanks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hawk pads are great also r1concepts.com slotted rotors i use on customers trucks. Give me a call and talk to steven there. Tell him tony the trailblazer guy sent you and talk tohim what your looking to get. Great guy AND DO NOT get cross drilled rotors only get slotted.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using EBC slotted rotors and pads (EBC green stuff). Had them on since the rotors warped at 22k, and now at ~76k. No issues and eliminated fade in the mountain passes with a heavy camping load. Still plenty of pad left and rotors are true (seems like a lot of material left on the rotor also). Picked up the front set (rotors and pads) ~$250.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover