Brakes Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the EBC USR Slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads for all 4 corners. $600 shipped for everything.

UPS says pads will be here on friday.
Fedex wont tell me when the rotors will get here, but i know they were shipped yesterday.

Really hoping for them before this weekend so i can put everything on. Got some HID kits for Lows and fogs in yesterday and need to install those too!!!! Should be a good weekend if the rotors get here :)

You sound ready to go.

For all the EBC guys, the only thing I have against them is the BS 1 year/10000 mile warranty on slotted or slotted/dimpled rotors. 10000 miles is less than the average American drives yearly, so most would hit 10000 miles in 3/4 year and I feel that EBC should be able to honor a product they feel is quality for longer.
Especially when www.brakeperformance.com sells rotors that look to be the exact same as the EBC ones, except they have a lifetime warranty.:shocked:

OP
OP
T

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Got everything installed on Sunday! Thank God i didnt need the old rotors, i had to beat one of the rear ones loose with a hammer (PB Blaster is my friend). Took the hoe out that night to find a dark parking lot and adjust the headlights and bed the brakes per Hawk's recommendations. Lights look freaking awesome! I'll get some pics up of it all when i get the new rims and tires on monday :D

So headed to work this morning, 75 mph on the interstate behind a pickup, at a reasonable distance. Coming down a hill into a turn and all i see is the pickup and car in front of him slam on the brakes and veer to the left shoulder. I immediately slam as hard as i can on the brakes for a stopped car towards the bottom of the hill. That hoe did 75 to 0 faster than i could have ever imagined. I didnt even have to attempt to take the shoulder. Stopped even with some distance to spare. Its good to have nice brakes :) I looked over at my wife, her as wide eyed as me, Me- "did you see that car stopped?!?!" Her - "Nope". I dont know how the car in front of the pickup didnt see it either.... no collisions, got to work safe and sound.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing you bedded the brakes! IMO upgraded rotors and pads are a must for these rigs (at least the fronts).

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have gone through TWO sets of rotors on the front. I swear they'd warp if you left them in the sun.

Plus brake fade while towing my boat was getting to be a PITA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney