brakes: rotors, calipers, pads, and lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
My cost on them is was $73.00 each. I dont know what they retail for. I am an operations manager at a local salvage yard and I have accounts with dealers and auto parts stores. I do my best not to pay retail.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

You did mention that you used the slotted on your Avalanche. I was just curious what brand rotor you went with. Brembo? EBC?........

I used Centric brand. They are a machined rotor, they start with a smooth rotor and machine the slots into them. They are quieter than the rotors that have the slots in the casting molds. Slotted rotors do make a humming noise when they get very hot under heavy braking.

The smooth rotors on the Burb are dealer rotors that are $68 each.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To any of you that have done this mod...would this be a good enough if you have 26" rims? Or should I still look into the $8000 big brake kits?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from the guys who have upgraded their brakes with big rims too. I don't have 26's, but 22x10's aren't easy to stop either. If you could do it all over again, how would you do it?

Thanks in advance!

Biloff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have all the parts to do the GMT900 swap. I run 20in wheels with 275 60 tires. I will post my results after I do it. I am planning on doing this weekend.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking forward to results jim. I have 20s also.

Biloff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. I had one of my tech do the brake GMT900 brake swap on my 05 Denali XL yesterday. I used oem solid vented rotos with performance friction pads. I didnt feel the slotted rotors were worth the money. (at this point anyway) I did not uprade the brake lines.

I am still bedding the brakes, but I do feel a better pedal and that when brakeing I do come to a more solid stop. I am going to wait for a couple hundreds miles before I really put them to the test. What I have experienced to far it has been a postive move. I am running 09 Yukon 20in wheels with 275 60 20 bridgestones. That was one reason I did the upgrade, the main reason is I tow a 26ft travel trailer with the family.

After I bed the brakes in properly I will post again with my opinon.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I was thinking the same about the rotors. I am still wondering how these do it a set of big heavy 24-26" wheels

Biloff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The more the brakes get bed the better they are. Completely worth the upgrade IMO. Cant wait to get the camper hooked to see how they do with that pig. Now I just need to find a better looking front bumper.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a thought for guys with big heavy wheels...

couldnt you buy the $600 eradispeed kit from baer for the 07 and some factory calipers? That'd give you a 15" front rotor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts