brakes: rotors, calipers, pads, and lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the one that first posted this in Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com, I installed this on my 04 Avalanche the first week on September 2010 and I am still amazed over the improved peformance of the brakes!

Total I spent on this with slotted rotor, calipers, and Z rated pads was around $400 but you can use OEM type parts and spend around $200 +/-

I'm glad that this has been passed around to the various forums for all to use. Feel free to ask any questions!

Link to write-up on Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=28846

Part List

Caliper w/bracket 19176793
Caliper w/bracket 19176794
Pads 1092.10 Performance Friction
***Caliper part #'s are Durastop Police Tahoe Calipers, they have high temp seals and some other things that help them handle and dispate heat better***

thats awesome, i didnt think it was that simple. Where did you order them from? I was going to do my brakes anyways so why not this upgrade at the same time. Thanks

also would the newer silverados have these larger brakes as well?

Last edited:

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
The calipers I order though Huffines Chevrolet, rotors are slotted Centric brand on ebay, pads are from Orielly's.

Some 05-07 classic Silverado's use these same brakes and all NNBS 1500 truck use them. Simple mod that all bolts on. Love it

Last edited:

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The calipers I order though Huffines Chevrolet, rotors are slotted Centric brand on ebay, pads are from Orielly's.

Some 05-07 classic Silverado's use these same brakes and all NBS 1500 truck use them. Simple mod that all bolts on. Love it

Thanks. I was seeing that 1500 silverados since 99 have used these calipers and the 13'' rotors, wonder why on the heavier tahoes of the same years they would use 12'' rotors. Thinking bout checking wreck yards for some low mileage silverados now to get the calipers cheap

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
Nope...wrong. 99-07 classic use 12 inch rotors, SOME 05 and up Silverado/Sierra use the 13inch rotor, you can identify these by the drum brakes on the rear.

I missed a N in the NNBS in a previous post.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might just have to try this. Nothing wrong with being able to stop better. Would of been easier this past weekend if i had them already, since i just installed spindles. lol.. well now i know..

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, let me know what you think if you get it done.

I am definitely going to get this for my 01. Thanks for this writeup. Wow, how simple could it get. LOL
I get told all the time Im police, might as well stop like one of them too. 7 out of 10 people say Im a trooper. I guess my 2 % tint is a part of this, with the roof rack delete.. :D Gallery just started too... :mexsmoke:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, let me know what you think if you get it done.

i sure will. I cant believe its a bolt on application. Just sounds to easy. Nothing is ever this easy for me. lol..

So basically all i need is the front calipers w/ brackets and rotors from a nnbs tahoe/burban and im good. Right. All though i really like the rotors you have on your z71 post.. lol..

(sorry i know this has been said, it just seems waaayyyy to easy.. ) :favorites37:

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
i sure will. I cant believe its a bolt on application. Just sounds to easy. Nothing is ever this easy for me. lol..

So basically all i need is the front calipers w/ brackets and rotors from a nnbs tahoe/burban and im good. Right. All though i really like the rotors you have on your z71 post.. lol..

(sorry i know this has been said, it just seems waaayyyy to easy.. ) :favorites37:

Forgot one important part...need brake pads lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoesb4tows

Latest posts