Brake Recommendations? PowerStop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firm

Reaction score
Our 06 Escalade is coming due for brakes soon so I am looking for some recommendations on what pad/rotor combos you guys have had success with. Aside from all the usual stuff (stopping power, low dust, no squeal) I'd really like a rotor that's coated so it won't rust like my current stuff. The truck is on 20's and the rotors are pretty visible.

The truck is a daily driver, mostly used for commuting, but occasionally tow an open car trailer.

I have no interest in doing a big brake swap or anything like that though, just some quality replacements for the OE fitment.

I am currently looking at the Power Stop Evolution Sport Kit (K2015) for all 4 corners. Anyone running this? It sounds good, and I like that the rotors are zinc coated, but I am not entirely sold on the drilled/slotted idea. Any other brands you guys like?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have R-1 concepts drilled and slotted E-line rotors on my yukon and absolutely love them. They`re also zinc coated and after three years they have zero rust no warping and no cracks.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I did powerstop slotted only. Read too much about some experience cracking around drilled holes. Only problem, slotted will cause more brake dust that usual

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Wagner e-coated rotors and thermoquiet pads at all corners with a fluid swap. Including paying someone to swap the fluid, I was in at < $300. Improved performance, but obviously not as good as an NNBS upgrade.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Wagner e-coated rotors and thermoquiet pads at all corners with a fluid swap. Including paying someone to swap the fluid, I was in at < $300. Improved performance, but obviously not as good as an NNBS upgrade.

X2 on the Wagner coated rotors I run those with Wagner ceramic pads with SS brake hoses stops great and the finish on the rotors is great too was skeptical at first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric70

Reaction score
I'm using powerstop's drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads.
I haven't had any problems, or noise from them. I live in Iowa, so so they get drove in quite a bit of road salt, but they're still clean and pretty shiny.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did front and rears with Powerstop drilled/slotted with Powerstop pads...very pleased, not only with the price, but increased stoppage.....stock rotors/pads would heat up and fade very easily, the PS don't. Would recommend.

-Note: Flush your brake lines if you change rotors/pads, I actually also went to DOT4 for better fade resistance(high temp).

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did brakemotive/powerstop from ebay on all 4 of the wife's SUV and so far so good. I went with the drilled and slotted with the zinc finish.

OP
OP
Firm

Firm

Reaction score
I finally got around to this last week. Did Wagner e-coated rotors with Wagner TQ Ceramic pads. Plus a full fluid flush. Big difference in initial bite and pedal feel - very pleased. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645