Brake Pedal Quivering on Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brake pedal has begun to quiver slightly as the starter cranks the engine. Once the engine fires, the pedal stops quivering. And it only happens cold, and even then only on very cold mornings.

I suspect it's an odd side effect of the battery losing charge - the truck has about 2.5 years and 42K on it, and that's been about time for a new battery in past experience.

Any confirms? Other ideas?

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread. Having the EXACT same issue. It's similar to a full brake press and feeling the ABS chatter on the rotors. Mine is a Z71 and I also hear a subtle tapping on what sounds like it's coming from the skid plate.

OP
OP
WillCO

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread. Having the EXACT same issue. It's similar to a full brake press and feeling the ABS chatter on the rotors. Mine is a Z71 and I also hear a subtle tapping on what sounds like it's coming from the skid plate.
I since replaced the battery on mine and it still happens, so it wasn't the power situation I thought it was.

I do think I have the common issue with the brake booster failing intermittently at low speed. Having that looked at during my next oil change in a few weeks. Possibly this is a side effect of that.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have TSB on vacuum pump, and I believe they extended warranty for the same problem you are having. Hard braking at low speed.
Dealer should repair is a safety issue in my mind.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have said many many times here on this forum and others. No matter what, the most important system on ANY vehicle is the brake system. It can run like a stripped ass ape and sound cool and handle like nobody's business and look like a dream but it has to stop correctly, no matter what.

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They have TSB on vacuum pump, and I believe they extended warranty for the same problem you are having. Hard braking at low speed.
Dealer should repair is a safety issue in my mind.
This is exactly what it was. They replaced the vacuum pump free of charge. Thanks!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the vacuum pump fail on my 2017 and almost rear-ended a car while trying to park. My wife had said the brakes seemed off, but I don't drive it everyday. Once I felt that I had her take it to the dealership and tell the story. They sheepishly admitted that there was an issue ans replaced no questions asked. What a joke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333