Brake help NNBS upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
So my Burban is squeekin bad when I stop. Spray Brake cleaner helps for a few days but I need to replace pads at a minimum up front. I wanted to maybe just do. NNBS upgrade to larger discs. Do I need to upgrade the pads rotors and calipers to? I am on a budget so if to pricey I will just run some slotted rotors and upgraded pads. I do not wanna spend big bucks right now as I gotta get a lowering kit and center console ASAP as well as running boards before my Baby comes.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not familiar with the upgrade, but if they do in fact have larger discs, then yes youre calipers and rotors will need to be swapped. if the brakes are larger, that means the rotors are bigger, so rotors are a definate. then with larger rotors, the calipers have to sit higher, so will at the least require new brackets, prob all new calipers.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
If you're talking about the NBS conversion where you put the NNBS brakes on (which are the same as the NBS PPV & SSV brakes), then yes. You need to replace the pads, rotors, and calipers. Everything bolts right up though. Imo, doing slotted and drilled rotors with the caliper and pad conversion is the way to go.

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this upgrade to my suburban last year and it turned out great. Calipers were $50ea after core return and pads/rotors ran $160 for the front and rear! definitely worth it.

Check out advance auto parts and if they have there 20% off brake sale if you spend over $100 you can get the calipers even cheaper.

Last edited:

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those look like the rotors we put on my girls cobra. they perform well but put off alot of dust. we started with the powerstop(or something of the sort) pads that came with the rotors. they put off crazy dust, so we put on a set of ebc yellow pads. they dont put off as much dust, but the wheels still HAVE to be washed every 3 days or so.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

im interested in this conversion as well so i did some research and came up with this

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=28846

MikeRIC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the calipers for $36 + $60 core charge from Rock Auto. Thats the best deal I could find. Centric makes them too, so they are good quality pieces for really cheap. I picked up oem style rotors too, also made by Centric. I did get Hawk HPS pads which were expensive, but I use hawk stuff on all my other cars so I had no problem with that.

Brake lines is where it gets expensive. The hard lines on my truck were so rusted that when we tried to unscrew the oem rubber line the hard line just snapped. Followed it back to the ABS block and they were getting ready to burst at any moment anyway, so now we are replacing all of those.

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Thanks for
Input. I think for now I might just run some new pads. Based on pricing etc I got about 600.00 worth of interior parts to buy to go from manual to power windows. That and carpet and factor running boards going on. I am thinking some performance pads and some OEM Delco Rotors.

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do this upgrade add well, but am also converting to hydroboost as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottishJeff

Latest posts