Bought a 2003 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Toyfare

Reaction score
I've been looking at a 2003 Escalade that has 155,000 miles on it. It's in better shape than my Tahoe was, with a few more miles. The asking price is $6900, I'm sure they'd take less. Thoughts?

OP
OP
T

Toyfare

Reaction score
The plot thickens. My insurance company contacted me to ask me a few questions this afternoon. They pulled the CarFax for my vehicle and it stated that in March 3, 2014 when it went to auction it had 229,000 miles on it. When I bought it from the used car dealer it had 137,400...WHAT? I had to have a recorded phone call with my adjuster to verify all the details of my case.

Looks like I got hit by a fradulent dealer. Insurance is looking into the matter. Lesson learned for me, always get a CarFax BEFORE purchasing a used vehicle. The $50 will save you more than just a headache down the road.

wiltff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The plot thickens. My insurance company contacted me to ask me a few questions this afternoon. They pulled the CarFax for my vehicle and it stated that in March 3, 2014 when it went to auction it had 229,000 miles on it. When I bought it from the used car dealer it had 137,400...WHAT? I had to have a recorded phone call with my adjuster to verify all the details of my case.

Looks like I got hit by a fradulent dealer. Insurance is looking into the matter. Lesson learned for me, always get a CarFax BEFORE purchasing a used vehicle. The $50 will save you more than just a headache down the road.

The Carfax is worth it. A month ago I bought a 2002 Tahoe LT Autoride. It came from Virginia and I was skeptical about it. It all checked out good so far.

OP
OP
T

Toyfare

Reaction score
+1 on CarFax. About to buy a 03 and it's been legit.

Sorry bout the accident.

No worries. After insurance settled 2 months later, I doubled my money. I was able to buy a MUCH nicer 04 Yukon and finance the same amount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz