BOSS's Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

israel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I already knew that information tho.

I was curious to know which wheel you meant was lug centric. That wheels is definitely not lug centric by the way.

A Lug centric wheel will be machined perfectly to fit the lugs of that perticular vehicle. It's still different than bolt pattern because you can have the same bolt pattern but not the same lug thickness on all cars/trucks. Aftermarket wheel companies do not make a lug centric wheel cause they can't afford to. If they didnt give a wheel a little play they wouldn't fit as many diverse cars as they do. Same reason why they have huge center bores and people end up needing hub centric rings to accomodate the difference.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I already knew that information tho.

I was curious to know which wheel you meant was lug centric. That wheels is definitely not lug centric by the way.

A Lug centric wheel will be machined perfectly to fit the lugs of that perticular vehicle. It's still different than bolt pattern because you can have the same bolt pattern but not the same lug thickness on all cars/trucks. Aftermarket wheel companies do not make a lug centric wheel cause they can't afford to. If they didnt give a wheel a little play they wouldn't fit as many diverse cars as they do. Same reason why they have huge center bores and people end up needing hub centric rings to accomodate the difference.

Please don't come clutter up my thread with your debate. If you want to start one, hop in the lounge. Thanks

BOSS

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh no please not again!
But since we're on the topic, what size hub rings wheel I need for my future 24" wheels guys?
Does it matter what rim brand it is at all?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Most hubcentric rungs for the large bore 6x5.5 bolt pattern will be the same. PM me your address and I'll ship some to you, have a few dozen laying around my shop though they should come with any aftermarket wheel that has a larger bore if they know what they're selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz