Bose watt output.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcecarbldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the output watts are of the Bose amp? 2005 GMC Yukon.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, (according to an avalanche forum thread I Googled) the amp is 25W x 4 on the front/door speakers and 50W for the subwoofer. That would be 125W total.

The main thing is to match the amp and speakers that are compatible.

If you are thinking of swapping out the Bose amp for something new...
Keep in mind the impedance on the Bose speakers is pretty low as @Doubeleive mentioned.
Like only 2 ohms on the front and side speakers. That is how Bose got away with lower watt requirements coming out of their amps. Speakers did not need the juice to sound great.

Try driving the Bose speakers with high output amps and the speakers may not perform as expected at best. At worst, you may have to replace blown out speakers. A new amp on Bose speakers may need to be dialed down a bit to work, but I expect neither the amp nor the speakers would be performing at their peak levels (pun intended).

I am not an audio expert, so that is probably the extent of my involvement in this convo...

OP
OP
rcecarbldr

rcecarbldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So would the sound quality increase or decrease by replacing the OEM door speakers with better quality ones using the Bose amp?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would the sound quality increase or decrease by replacing the OEM door speakers with better quality ones using the Bose amp?
If keeping the factory Bose system and had to replace speakers...
You would want speakers that match the Bose speakers for impedance (ohm rating).
I am not a auto sound expert, so that is about as far as I will go on any advising.

If the impedance does not match the system, new speakers might actually under-perform and sound not as good.

Get on a chat or call advisors from Crutchfield to see what your options are. I just ordered a new head unit from them and they were really great at figuring out exactly what I needed to work with my Bose system and make sure I can do all the things I want.
Their pricing was really good too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnCrag