Boost gauge install location help on maggie tvs1900

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 08 Denali with a maggie TVS1900 and i have possibly a stupid question. I just got a Vac/boost gauge and i installed a tee in the hose that connects to the bypass valve on the charger. It seems to be working good. Will i receive accurate readings here?. I'm getting vac and boost 20in - 6psi. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 6psi! Pulley that thing!

im a baby, what can i get away with on 93, 8#? and thanks jenna for confirming the boost location, i figured it was right but like i said im a baby. what size pulley 2.8? its my daily driver and i dont want to kill her. its got 98k on the clock and i have a baby on the way, I cant afford to build another one, makes me nervous,

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2.9" will give you roughly 8psi depending on the tuning. We sell the pullies if you are interested.

OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.9" will give you roughly 8psi depending on the tuning. We sell the pullies if you are interested.

I am interested, i emailed you guys yesterday about tuning, open up the chicago date because im in! I will have to get one before the retune. 8 is ok on 93 octane without det?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Provided you are using good quality fuel, you are fine. I'm at 11.1psi on a 2300 and Justin is around 7-8psi on his 1900. Are you running a wideband?

OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Provided you are using good quality fuel, you are fine. I'm at 11.1psi on a 2300 and Justin is around 7-8psi on his 1900. Are you running a wideband?

yes on the wideband, just installed it last week. haven't really done that many WOT pulls to see what its running consistently. Bad Mi roads and analog gauge can be hard to read at times. i wanna say its at around 11.5-12 to 1. but i could be way off. seems to run a little rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21tahoepos