body drop mod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidon26s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whats up guys.. i have a 2003 escalade and was wondering if the body drop mod would be the same as with the tahoe..? does anyone know if it is and what is the best way to do the mod..? with the s10 rubber..? any info will help..thanks

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
DEFINITELY get something between the body mounts
energy suspension sells a bushing kit I think
there are 12 body mounts where you take the rubber cup off and shorten the shaft that gets bolted back on and there you have your body drop
but do NOT just leave it metal on metal you will have constant creaks and take away from the quietness of your caddy

ghost

Reaction score
i havent looked under there to actually look at the bushing, but is there a way to shorten it and leave part of the rubber cup? like just maybe trim the cup down a bit or somethin?

OP
OP
laidon26s

laidon26s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DEFINITELY get something between the body mounts
energy suspension sells a bushing kit I think
there are 12 body mounts where you take the rubber cup off and shorten the shaft that gets bolted back on and there you have your body drop
but do NOT just leave it metal on metal you will have constant creaks and take away from the quietness of your caddy

what does the total drop come out to be..? 1 to 2 inches..? and i would definatly get bushings or something in between the mounts because i have heard it is a little noisy without them.. i have read somewhere that people are using the s10 bushings.. would the energy suspension be a better product..?

ohiokon

Reaction score
I hope somebody figures this out cause I have searched TYF about a body drop and I cant find any hard info about it just speculation. PLEASE somebody post some part numbers or pics or something! I dont understand why it hasnt been perfected on here like everything else on TYF about these trucks? I would really love to drop the body a little and raise the suspensio up.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I hope somebody figures this out cause I have searched TYF about a body drop and I cant find any hard info about it just speculation. PLEASE somebody post some part numbers or pics or something! I dont understand why it hasnt been perfected on here like everything else on TYF about these trucks? I would really love to drop the body a little and raise the suspensio up.

another member texted me last night asking for a write up so when I get off work tonight I'll be doing a write up thats pretty lengthy
IIRC myself, Blizzard, and Clean95 took some pictures when we did my body drop but I can't remember for sure..
here is what the body mount should look like at the end of it
IMG_8623.jpg

OP
OP
laidon26s

laidon26s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

exactly.. i would like to do the 2/3 drop ..and then a little body drop i think would be perfect. and i could keep my autoride im assuming..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris