Bluetooth Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the one...Maybe Felix knows the exact part number on hand.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, and for those who want to retain OnStar capability. I bought a used BlueFusion unit (http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/1679) off of Amazon for $50 and it works perfectly. Took all of 5 mins to install. I would only replace VCIM if I could get one that is compatible with the new Mobile app.

jarthead

Reaction score
Faceplant - how do you install unit? Just plug into the VCIM? Where does that blue box go? Does is use the built in mic?

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Faceplant - how do you install unit? Just plug into the VCIM? Where does that blue box go? Does is use the built in mic?

Plugs into the XM module behind the glovebox. It comes with a T-Harness that is literally plug and play. It does not use the OnStar mic. It comes with a mic that you run up the A pillar and tucks under the front of the headliner. I ran mine to my drivers side visor (comes with a clip), but you can mount on the windshield next to the mirror or wherever you like (comes with a windshield sticky mount also). Here is an install video that shows everything I just described, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCWKd721dk

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet! one last question, I don't have nav, so will this just read out on stereo display?

I would imagine so. I called Scosche and asked if it would work in non nav (my bro in law wants one now) and he said yes, and that it is the same kit (BFGMK).

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow BlueFusion is impressive. What I don't like about the VCIM switch is that the number only shows through the DIC whereas BlueFusion actually uses the factory nav screen. But then VCIM uses factory mic and BlueFusion uses an aftermarket mic solution... hmm... decisions decisions...

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

sweet! one last question, I don't have nav, so will this just read out on stereo display?

my educated guess is that if it works through nav then it'll work through your factory non-nav radio. Just like how the XM stations show up on both using the same module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts