Bluetooth Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I've scoured the forum and haven't really been able to concretely find an answer. I am looking to install either a Motorola or Parrot Bluetooth system which will integrate with the steering wheel controls. Can someone please advise me what additional equipment I will need in addition to the hands-free to make this happen but more importantly whcih system seems to be the better one out there for our trucks.
Thanks!
PS - I currently have the Bluefusion and want to change it out. Anyone interested in buying mine please PM me. Nothing wrong with it just up for change .... I went from BlueStar to Bluefusion and now moving on again ;o)

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy a DCIM from a newer chevy and use the trucks bluetooth. Very easy and will cost you around 2 bills

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea after looking at BlueStar it looks like using the VCIM to use the factory mic/speakers/DIC is probably the best option out there...

mike06train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the caddy dealership today and they said there is no way to do that. They don't want you to swap VCIM's ? Can it hurt something?

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It knocks out onstar but i never paid for it anyway. Simple swap and it works flawlessly.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

When you get a call it turns down the stereo and also turns down the heater or AC fan. Alittle pricey at 200-250 but IMO well worth it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the caddy dealership today and they said there is no way to do that. They don't want you to swap VCIM's ? Can it hurt something?

They would never tell you it would work. On that eBay link, you will see a list of vehicles it will work on. This gives the 07-08 vehicles the opportunity to use the bluetooth feature that wasn't released until 09. A lot of users on various forums have all successfully done this. Some have lost onstar functionality though. I don't use onstar so I'm definitely going to do this eventually.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i understand you can get onstar back but you have to take it back to the dealership after you act dumb as to why it doesnt work lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA