Block heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padraig

Reaction score
This is likely silly but I can not figure out where the cord for the block heater plugs in?

Thanks,

Padraig

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side, lower area of the bumper is two plastic covers with little notches in them to pry them open. One is block heater and the other is tow hook.

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
OK...found it. WOW.....Could they have found a more inconvenient location? I am so looking forward to kneeling in the snow to remove and replace door and plug in cord.

Padraig

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...found it. WOW.....Could they have found a more inconvenient location? I am so looking forward to kneeling in the snow to remove and replace door and plug in cord.

Padraig
Wait until you drive a 2500HD or 3500HD. The plug for those are on the lower plastic piece under the bumper. It has does have a spring loaded door that will close automatically, but it's still low to the ground.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no logical reason this vehicle NEEDS to be plugged in, unless it's going to be -20 for days.... with 0W-20, thick oil isn't an issue, and it warms up faster than any vehicle I've owned....

OP
OP
P

Padraig

Reaction score
There is no logical reason this vehicle NEEDS to be plugged in, unless it's going to be -20 for days.... with 0W-20, thick oil isn't an issue, and it warms up faster than any vehicle I've owned....
Well, I do live in Western NY snow belt, LOL

Padraig

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even -30 does not cause any problems. There is another question; cold starting the engine itself is quite harmful to it. And connecting to a heater solves several problems at once. The engine starts already warm, the cabin immediately becomes warm, and it is possible to warm up the car in a closed garage. My father had a Ford Explorer with a standard electric engine heater. In winter, my father plugged it into an outlet that was activated at home an hour before leaving, and got into a warm car, which was parked in a closed garage. Is this necessary? no, but damn convenient)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10