Blend actuator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wykyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Tahoe. Can someone point me to a video or give me some pointers on replacing the blend actuator, don't want to pull the dash. Have cold A/C but the temp is changing and have no heat. Can I get to it by pulling the ashtray and accessory panel out?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be the temperature door that you're thinking of. The blend door controls the air to the floor-panel-defrost and is next to the gas pedal.

I think I remember a post where someone actually drilled a hole through the steel crossbar to get to a screw. And another where someone broke the tabs on the actuator, slid the old one out, cut notches in the new actuator's tabs and slid the new one in under the screw heads.

Sorry, that's not much help.

Nash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999 Tahoe. Can someone point me to a video or give me some pointers on replacing the blend actuator, don't want to pull the dash. Have cold A/C but the temp is changing and have no heat. Can I get to it by pulling the ashtray and accessory panel out?

I watched a video of someone removing the glove box door on a 97 tahoe to get to the actuator and appeared you could get to it from there. I replace the one on my 92 Silverado and it is very difficult to get to the screws. I used a nut driver for a drill and a 1/4 ratcheting wrench to turn the nut driver and get to the one hidden screw that a wrench or socket will not access. I used this also to take one of the screws out of the fan motor on my 99 Tahoe that has a screw behind the metal bar and it worked very well.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yup. The 1/4 ratcheting wrench with drill bits is the winning combo for lots of stuff. Good call.

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
I was able to squeeze my hand in there and work at it. Took 45 minutes and 1 screw I couldn't get in but it was solid, never had a problem after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts