Blacked Out Side "DENALI"/Trim and Rear Chrome Hump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after I finished my custom mud flaps I decided some of the Chrome needed to go in Stage II of the Blackout process. With a metal ruler, some Matte Black 3M vinyl, ALOT of patience, and alot of fresh single sided razor blades I got to it......after several hours with some extra little hands helping to hold a bright light, helping Daddy stay hydrated and toweling off my brow....I did the DENALI emblems, the side mouldings, and the rear Chrome hump in the rear where the "GMC" mounts, all in Matte Black vinyl......

(FYI, that Chrome hump isn't on there with 3M mounting tape. It has about 7 or 8 directional and "straight-in" clips/brackets, and a thin rubber gasket behind it......(deceiving if you look at the other Yukon models with no holes in the lift gates. No idea GM would do this, "overengineered")
or cover in that location......you don't know how many pieces of fishing line I busted trying to break the bond with what I thought was just 3M mounting tape....NONE there! Metal, rubber, and plastic studs and 2 pressure clips were actually there....PIA!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

To go with the Matte Black theme, I refinished my Borla tips in Matte Black ceramic baked coating. (They were all

Anyhow, here's how it turned out......
full

full

full

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks chicagofan00, I thought about it, but wouldn't wrap well without alot of relief cuts. Also wanted to keep a little flash of bling on those emblems to match the half-Chrome door handles. Wouldn't do the door handles since they will not wear well with kids grabbing them almost daily. I'd have to be redoing them all the time.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very well done.

I like mods that look factory to 70% of the public; the other 30% know it's not factory, but it's done so well and clean that they do a double-take and wonder anyway.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I did the same to my Suburban logos but mine are all black .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the door's Chrome window trim? The place that wrapped mine did it in place and the hairline Chrome edges showing in a few places bother me. I want to do a few pieces over again the right way(off the vehicle).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68

Latest posts