Bilsteins or Monroe Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wardinbb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hola YUK99

Too bad about your shocks, at least you found the problem.
My Hoe is the Chev Tahoe 2dr 4wd. The Monroe Reflex shocks that were installed 2 weeks ago are as follows: Front 911043 Rear 911087.

The Bilsteins I removed were HD. My Hoe came with the OEM HD Bilsteins and the replacement set I put on about 30k ago were HD.

I just purchased a set of urethene body mounts thinking that new 'rubber bumpers' would help cush out my ride. Of course, after I get them, I find out I was mistaken. So, so far I believe I've done the best that can be done to smooth out the ride on a cobblestone surface and it simply consists of the higer aspect ratio tires and the new Reflec shocks. My problem is that I don't have a cobblestone road to test on. So when I do, I'll be in Mexico, and SOL!

Keeps us informed on how it all works out.
Ed

wpnzrule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bilsteins right now and I am not to impressed. I have also had monroe's (on a bronco) and I loved them. I am about to switch back to monroes.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a full set of new Monroe Reflex Monotube shocks available for an OBS 4wd Tahoe received fresh from Monroe itself. Part numbers are 911526 and 911511. Send me a PM or email if interested.

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested, will it fit a 4WD, 4Door, Tahoe Stock used only for towing a trailer? n are u willing to ship to Ontario, Canada?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys. Another update.

I was really getting bothered about the ride with the Monroe's again.
So I decided to switch over to Bilstein's. Our trucks come from the factory with the Comfort's, but I do travel over gravel roads with washboard alot and I think that's what did in the Monroe's.

So the decision was between the HD's and the 5100's.
I was actually leaning towards the 5100's.

I googled alot and most guys are reporting that the 5100's are a rough ride, so I took a chance and ordered up the HD's. They arrived and were installed a couple of weeks ago.

I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from the HD's and thought that I would run them for a bit and then buy the 5100's, but I was pleasently surprised that I actually like the Hd's.

The ride is firmer, not marshmellow like, but not bone jarring kidneys in your throat. The truck handles great on gravel roads now.

I have to say that this is the first set of Bilstein's that I've ever owned and I'm an instant convert, they are that good. Now I'm considering replacing the Monroe's on my wife's Trailblazer with Bilstein HD's.

For anyone who's interested, here are the part numbers that I used when ordering;
Rear: 24-021791
Front: 24-104050

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a set of Bilsteins HD...unless I just warranty out my Monroe Reflex.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalades come with air shocks and an onboard air compressor in the rear and a regular shock upfront.

carbed87

Reaction score
i love my doetsche (sp?) tech shocks, not too expensive either

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello is there a video/written instructions on how to remove/install these? My kit arrived today (Sensitracks) with 20 steps to install in the french language. this is not helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33