Bilstein Leveling Front Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleanSweep

Reaction score
Bilstein claims if you just install their front leveling shocks you get better ride and more suspension travel than installing a leveling kit like the CCM. Has anyone done this in place of a leveling kit? Here is the page where they make their claim http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/user_upload_us/pdfs/Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf
I already have to replace the rear shocks and springs to put a level kit on anyway due to having the smoothride auto leveling suspension. So should I just do this instead of the leveling kit? I realize I'll still need the pucks in the back to prevent the cali lean.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bilstein setup will provide a better ride than using spacers and better performance off-road. However, someone switched from the CCM to Bilstein, and the Bilstein was lower in height.

OP
OP
C

CleanSweep

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm still putting Bilstiens on at normal ride height with the CCM kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali