Biggest tire on PPV wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATX 14

Reaction score
Anyone running a taller tire have to have the speedometer recalibrated?

I’m running 20” wheels and I had my speedometer calibrated when I got my Black Bear tune as well. It was off by about 6 mph so I was going faster than what my speedometer showed.

Carlos Sanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The weather is nice enough to paint outside now, so I touched up my rims and installed the new rubber!
paint'n'rbbr.jpg
265/70/17 seems perfect!

Any suggestions on how to clean up these caps? Or mebbe just buy new?
caps1.jpg

Thanks folks! I've already had great success in de-de-commissioning this PPV.
Easy'n quick horn fix, tailgate latch fix and bulb changeouts ALL thanks to the fantastically helpful bunch in here!!
I did lotsa time fixing my rides in the 60's and 70's and now that I'm a bit slower with a wrench, I really appreciate a good tip!

Taking this beaut on a run up north to Thompson MB next week.
Looking forward to the ride!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weather is nice enough to paint outside now, so I touched up my rims and installed the new rubber!
View attachment 426960
265/70/17 seems perfect!

View attachment 426961

Easy'n quick horn fix, tailgate latch fix and bulb changeouts ALL thanks to the fantastically helpful bunch in here!!
I did lotsa time fixing my rides in the 60's and 70's and now that I'm a bit slower with a wrench, I really appreciate a good tip!

Try Lime Away.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 426960
265/70/17 seems perfect!

View attachment 426961

Simple green.

New PPV caps are stupid expensive. Over $100 apiece last I checked. New or used.