Big brake kit help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Its about time for brakes, but I don't want to waste money on the stock brakes. I have 18" wheels and 285/65/18LT Nitto grappler tires. They are very heavy and make this tank even harder to stop. What's the most inexpensive big brake setup I can get thats going to actually make a difference on my braking distance? Also, has anybody ever gotten a bigger kit then nit be able to find pads? I want to go cheap, but not so cheap the company I buy from closes shop and I'm no longer able to find pads.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you looked in to upgrading to the NNBS brakes? The swap requires calipers/brackets (usually sold together), pads and rotors. The current brake lines can be reused but I'd go SS while I'm at it.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Have you looked in to upgrading to the NNBS brakes? The swap requires calipers/brackets (usually sold together), pads and rotors. The current brake lines can be reused but I'd go SS while I'm at it.

Thanks! Where csn I find it???

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe's and up front brakes only keep your rears! Look at R-1concepts. Get their drill and slotted 2007 and up fronts and new 2000-2006 rears that are also drilled and slotted. I'd also do SS brake lines and Hawk pads or EWC

You will need the brake calipers and caliper brackets for a 2007 and up Tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandy