better mpgs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on average i've been getting 13mpg. i travel about 67 miles a day and just looking for some improvements i can make to get up in the range of 15-18mpg. using a 1/4 of gas a day is a bit rough when going to school and not working much. i used to have a 94 s10 blazer that got 18mpg on avg and that didn't bother me.

any way to help improve my mpgs?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda hard when You have bigger tires and a lift lol. Try watching your RPMs while driving and keep them as low as you can. Get in intake and exhaust if you have money(said your in school, know how money goes there!) Dont know if yours has removable seats, but anything that ads weight that you dont need take it out

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good tune-up with quality parts, electric fans (take drag off engine from mechanical fan), custom tune, CAI, etc.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
on average i've been getting 13mpg. i travel about 67 miles a day and just looking for some improvements i can make to get up in the range of 15-18mpg. using a 1/4 of gas a day is a bit rough when going to school and not working much. i used to have a 94 s10 blazer that got 18mpg on avg and that didn't bother me.

any way to help improve my mpgs?

Tune up is quickest, when was the last time you changed plugs and wires?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
13mpg is pretty damn good during these winter months. I got 10mpg this last tank of gas. Gotta pay to play
Just keep your 'Hoe running at its best with regular maintenance and you will be good.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha people suggested they got better mpg's w/ premium well i decided to try it and ended up getting 9mpg LOL and it was similar driving conditions as w/ reg.

ya forgot about a good tune up. i bought the truck back in oct and it had newer plugs/wires and such but i wanted to do it my self to know they were good and was planning on getting around to it this summer sometime when i've got more money

how are e fans on the tahoes? i know before when i had my 94 s10 blazer it was a heavily debated topic. some people would say less drag on the engine where other people would say it needed that mech fan for other purposes saying the engine was designed to have the fan and not an efan. so my question is are the tahoes the same or do e fans improve a noticeable measure?

i've debated a BB tune. i have 211K mi and my reasoning for not getting one is that i dont want to get the tune and then shortly after down the road my engine goes and i put in a new one and need a new tune.

what does everyone suggest for a good reasonably priced CAI??

as for the tires size debate, i'm keeping the tire size. going 33s to 35s it seems (from what i've heard) you lose about 3mpg. thats over a differance of 2" about. going 285's back down to stock 265's is 10mm and saving the possible 1mpg or less isnt worth it imo. and weight reduction such as removing the seats i just not worth the effort. taking out the seats and other possible weight reduction with out losing function doesn't make that much of a difference to where it would increase my mpgs noticeably.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I average 16MPG Highway and around the same on the interstate. That's with dual exhaust / CAI / 93 Octane Tune. I blame the poor gas mileage on the agressivness of my tires. I really get the best gas mileage doing about 90mph now after the BB tune haha

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB gives free retunes for life, if you do decide to change up bolt ons or engines.

great info to know!! have to see how money plays out over the summer and see if i can get one.

i read thread on swapping in a lincoln mark VIII e-fan and i plan on doing that.

stykthyn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the lincoln fan and the taurus 3.8 fans will cool anything out there and are a great bang for the buck. There is no need to have a clutch style fan. Go electric and don't look back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16