best way to clean a headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has some advice or tricks for cleaning a headliner? In the rear the passenger section is pretty dirty and would like to try to get the black looking dirt out of the headliner. its not terribly bad and i live with it everyday so i dont need to pay a professional just wondering what the proper steps or supplies are to do it yourself. Ive been looking around on the web but i would trust everyone on here just alittle more. thanks

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a MF towel, fold it in fours, use some apc(properly diluted), spray the towel and gently wipe the head liners. use a second towel to remove any residue. i personally use either croftgate or CG green clean. both work well and dont have a strong chemical smell. or you can get a steamer and use that with a MF towel

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor & purchase a bottle of Folex from your local Home Depot. Simply spray the affected area and use a clean terry cloth towel to dab the stain away. After the initial wetness has been absorbed you can go ahead and use the same towel to lightly rub until the spot is completely gone.

I have yet to find any type of stain that this stuff won't remove. It's cheap @ $7 per 32oz. bottle.

OP
OP
dwmmatt23

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor & purchase a bottle of Folex from your local Home Depot. Simply spray the affected area and use a clean terry cloth towel to dab the stain away. After the initial wetness has been absorbed you can go ahead and use the same towel to lightly rub until the spot is completely gone.

I have yet to find any type of stain that this stuff won't remove. It's cheap @ $7 per 32oz. bottle.

I never thought of that, I have a gallon in the garage i use in carpet cleaner. Yea that stuff works great and ill try it in truck tomorrow, thanks

JeanlynK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cleaning the headliner of your vehicle could be, at best, very tough. The head liner can delaminate very effortlessly if it is washed improperly. Sometimes we tend to ask for help and pay them after. How to clean your car headliner? That would be our question if we are having a difficulty. Check the link for more information and I assure you it will help you. :)

drkhrse00

Reaction score
Resolve has always been good on mine. Spray foam with a soft scrub brush. Main thing is to not oversaturate. Light colored fabrics may get stains from the cleaning agent after it dries if it is oversaturated. Mine is light grey and ive pulled coffe stains out with Resolve!

johnyharman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to my view, Eventually as our car ages we begin to notice that the headliner of car interior is becoming loose and unglued. While using some kinds of spray adhesive to fix a sagging headliner, We have more chances to reduce the problem due to this methods. Please produce some more best tips to clean a headliner.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar