Best tire size for tucking 22s or 24s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon-ya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to bag my Yukon and i have 22s in front and 24s in the rear. Im running 305/40/22 and 305/35/24. Will these sizes tuck or not?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have 305/45-22's on a my suburban and the rear is bagged and no way those will tuck.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Im looking to bag my Yukon and i have 22s in front and 24s in the rear. Im running 305/40/22 and 305/35/24. Will these sizes tuck or not?

Negative..... you will want a minimum or 285's, I'd actually go 275 if possible.....the issue is as you get lower the wheel moves forward and the TA bracket becomes an issue.....you'll also need an adjustable pan hard....if you got the adjustable pan hard and adjustable upper/lower trailing arms you could maybe run 305's and get'em to tuck.....the fronts will tuck a little but without tubbing you're not gonna be able to drive tucked at all.......the 305's will "tuck" with just the adjustable pan hard out back but you won't be able to move your rig.....you'll also need to trim the fenders in the rear and get rid of the lip........

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Muhahahahah WRONG!!!! GG

lol

sorry..

but seriously.. 295/35/24s will DEFINITELY tuck.. all the way to the running board.. or i mean.. so i have heard.. its not like I personally had 295/35s sitting on running board or anything.. or that i drove around dragging shit off of it every chance i got..

so lets here more about your EXPERIENCE!!!!

;)

Lol obviously im ******* with GG , everything else he said is 100% true.. and btw.. running the rear end and inch or two further to the rear of the truck.. will center the axle AND let it drop WAY harder.. i locked up against the front of the rear fender WAY before i hit the top of it.

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Muhahahahah WRONG!!!! GG

lol

sorry..

but seriously.. 295/35/24s will DEFINITELY tuck.. all the way to the running board.. or i mean.. so i have heard.. its not like I personally had 295/35s sitting on running board or anything.. or that i drove around dragging shit off of it every chance i got..

so lets here more about your EXPERIENCE!!!!

;)

Lol obviously im ******* with GG , everything else he said is 100% true.. and btw.. running the rear end and inch or two further to the rear of the truck.. will center the axle AND let it drop WAY harder.. i locked up against the front of the rear fender WAY before i hit the top of it.

Shit......Mob........you also had a triangulated 4 link didn't you? Pretty sure you did.......could be wrong..... No way you can keep the axle where it's at and go more than 6'' drop without hitting the trailing arm bracket/front of fender well...... of course 295/35's will tuck........but you have to scoot the axle back to drive while layed out......I am on 285/40/24s, bagged, adjustable pan hard, and aired all the way out I am married to the front of the rear fender....... I drove tucked once and dug a canyon on the inside of my tire.....******* cabin of the truck smelled like a fire broke out in a rubber factory.........I can roll pretty much level with the fender but when I hit a big dip the bracket will still grab some tire from time to time, I have like 1/2'' clearance on each side between the tire and the trailing arm bracket....shit is sketch.......

Question.......when I ride low my shit is sloppy like bad *****......how can
I get the ride to stiffen with the bags aired out....I am thinking I can't....the bags just need a certain PSI in them or they will be sloppy but I hope i am wrong cause the shit is al over the place when I ride at fender height or just under.....like 35psi

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
gg you running shocks?

Yeah.....McGauhy's drop shocks(not the best I know) but the issue is more side to side than sup and down......the shit is just a sloppy swaying mess#35psi or so.....she get's real nice at like 40 but it pops me up an inch or so......

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit......Mob........you also had a triangulated 4 link didn't you?

I was on DJM lower relocaters and modified uppers with a triangulated twin bar setup to make up for lack of panhard.. but yea.. moving the axle BACK woulda let me come up another inch maybe 2 before i hit the top..

285/40 is taller than 295/35 btw.. so.. that might be part of the issue..

Question.......when I ride low my shit is sloppy like bad *****......

Or GOOD *****.. depending on what youre into!

How can I get the ride to stiffen with the bags aired out....I am thinking I can't....the bags just need a certain PSI in them or they will be sloppy but I hope i am wrong cause the shit is al over the place when I ride at fender height or just under.....like 35psi

Shocks help.. but fast ups.. and dumps will RUIN nice shocks.. you can try a stiffer bag.. i ran 600psi bags and NO shocks and mine rode fine.. even dumped.. even on the highway at speed.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I was on DJM lower relocaters and modified uppers with a triangulated twin bar setup to make up for lack of panhard.. but yea.. moving the axle BACK woulda let me come up another inch maybe 2 before i hit the top..

285/40 is taller than 295/35 btw.. so.. that might be part of the issue..

Or GOOD *****.. depending on what youre into /QUOTE]

dirty boy....... Correct on all fronts Mob...... I got tatoos to finish.... I'll just ride at 40psi....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar