Best rotors and pads to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggroc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to get some new pads and rotors, I've always got just regular rotors but since I'm planning on getting some nice rims in the near future was thinking about some cross drilled and or slotted, any advice?

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Powerslot slotted rotors front and rear, 20,000 miles and heavy towing without a hint of a problem or warping. Powerslot is now the same company as Stoptech brakes, under the parent umbrella of Centric brakes.

For pads I was running Hawk LTS pads but the noise just drove me nuts. Even my dog would hear me coming a block away when I put on the brakes at the stop sign. So now I'm running the Centric Fleet Performance pads which have been quiet, and work 95% as well as the Hawks in extreme use, but still far better than stock. Very happy. I tried the Centric Ceramic pads before the fleet performance and they faded just as fast as the stockers. So for me the Fleet Performance pads are the perfect compromise- quiet, far better performance when towing than stock, somewhat less dust than stock but they still do dust.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors on front and rear and Wagner Thermoquiet Ceramic pads on front and rear. I put about 20k miles on them and I am VERY satisfied, considering I only paid about $300 for all the pads and rotors. I also have the Powerstop rotors on my wife's Altima. I originally installed those in early 2009 when the stock rotors warped at 40k miles. But even though the stock pads were still good, I installed them with Powerstop pads, and just the other day replaced the pads with Wagner Thermoquiets. The car now has 130k miles on it. Pretty good IMO that the Powerstop pads lasted almost 90k miles.
I bought all my rotors from Brakemotive on eBay. But I just saw that Rock auto and Summit both sell Powerstop rotors also.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I CAN sell all of the products mentioned above and then some; I highly recommend R1Concepts drilled and slotted rotors paired with their Posiquiet Ceramic pads. I first put them on my Dmax in Jan of 09 because I grew tired of replacing the brakes every single year after Christmas tree hauling season when my "average" load would weigh in around 35K lbs TGCVW. After each season I would be metal to metal on the pads and the rotors would be grooved beyond turning them to save them. I put them on in Jan, ran them throughout the year, ran that season then through 2010 and that Christmas season (my last hauling season due to physical issues). Well, here we are coming up on the Christmas season for '13 and those same pads and rotors are still on the truck and the pads still have over 50% of the meat on them. I now run them on everything I own.

That being said, I have sold the same set up to a very high number of members here and have never had a complaint for a lack of performance, quality or longevity. As for pricing, they aren't always the cheapest brake package out there, but they are by far the best value available IMHO. All you have to do is click the link in my signature to browse their online catalog and if you have any issues whatsoever, let me know and I can help you find what you need. Once you find what you need in their catalog, us promo code CK10 to save an additional 10% off their already low catalog pricing.

PM me anytime if you need assistance of any kind.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't go wrong with factory ac delco's.

i went from factory to the baer eradispeed +2 kit in front and +1 kit in back with ebc pads and stainless steel brake lines so my braking improved dramatically but for factory replacement i'd just stick with the delcos. if i did it again i'd proably do delco pads. things like forever. my rears are almost to the wear bars when i took them off at 195k miles. oem pads. fronts were replaced at around 160 or 170k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy

Latest posts