Best method of changing transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a tranny shop do it. They can suck out the old, take tranny pan off for visual inspection, and replace filter, then add new gasket, new fluid.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on your miles imo. I wouldnt flush if you have alot of miles on there. My 03 has 160k and I dropped the pan, wiped it down, replaced filter then refilled. Very easy, the hardest part was bending the trans cable bracket over a bit to pull the pan out.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, I surely didn't mean flush, I meant suck out old, which includes TC, which dropping the pan, you don't get the old fluid out of the TC.

OP
OP
thunderii

thunderii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the shop offers 2 diff ways to change oil IMO. My truck has 67k. is flush okay or should i have them drop the pan and change

bigpapapete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really don't believe in flushing the trans ever ,but thats my opinion and mine only. I think that it stirs up any deposits and may move them to another place you dont want . drop the pan change the filter. that will tell you if you have a problem , dposits in the pan.

OP
OP
thunderii

thunderii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this is my first time changing T/F on the truck and I'm the first owner. I had bad experience changing T/F I broke one of the bolt trying to tighten too much. I'm bit wary to do it again. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10