Best home garage lift for Tahoe (and your other cars)!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was actually just looking at the same setup! The extension is great because it adds another 1.5" of lift height (which i might need for my lifted yukon XL).

Another thing i was thinking about the quickjack is that its mobile... can use it in any of my garage bays, or the driveway.

Let me know how it works when you get it!

That was the other thing about it. I know I am not going to be in a shop. I would be under a carport for when it is raining but I can set it up in front of the carport on another uncovered area in the bright sunlight. That appeals to me and, I can take it elsewhere to use at a buddies house if need be. Hell, I will rent it out with a $500 deposit, only to friends that I trust and know that I own guns.

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. This thread has gotten pretty long and stimulated a lot of discussion - which is good. Just remember, if you want to ever drop the tranny or transfer case - the 2 post makes that much easier for sure!

2. Here is the original Maxjax video for those just arriving. :happy160:

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree that the psi rating is for torsional stresses on the concrete slab to allow for an unbalanced load. For one thing, if you are dropping the transmission, you will be changing the weight distribution. With this in mind, I wouldn't trust replacing a 3' square patch of concrete with 3000 psi rated concrete. I would want to replace a patch almost equal to the footprint of any vehicle on the hoist, or 15-20' x 10'. That might seem like overkill, but I'd rather that than be killed by a hoist that tips over.

I've read a number of complaints of the hoist jambing though. I've seen a few situations where even a shop hoist fails. What safety devices are built in to this hoist if a hydraulic line bursts while lifting? I don't see an, only the safety pins that you insert after the vehicle is in the air.

While these scenerios are not common, I've been around enough to see the uncommon happen. I really wouldn't want that to happen to me

Wade, I knew it wasn't load bearing, or at least I was telling myself that. I was wondering if there is a difference in the concrete mix or density or whatever that would in fact allow the anchors to pull out, like you said. I just did not know how to word it properly. The cutting out of the sections for the re-pour of concrete, I know will never happen. I would bet that the brother's brother, the contractor, will know for sure. I hate guesswork and prefer to KNOW for sure and not take any risks. The MAX JAX would never let me stand under it anyway so the other QuickJack will likely be the way I will go. Time will tell when I get a chance to talk to the contractor.
Wade, I knew it wasn't load bearing, or at least I was telling myself that. I was wondering if there is a difference in the concrete mix or density or whatever that would in fact allow the anchors to pull out, like you said. I just did not know how to word it properly. The cutting out of the sections for the re-pour of concrete, I know will never happen. I would bet that the brother's brother, the contractor, will know for sure. I hate guesswork and prefer to KNOW for sure and not take any risks. The MAX JAX would never let me stand under it anyway so the other QuickJack will likely be the way I will go. Time will tell when I get a chance to talk to the contractor.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah in my case my garage was already built when I bought my house. Found the plans and its 4" concrete. The roof trusses will only allow me to lift a tall SUV a few feet.... wont be doing any tranny swaps.

So for my situation I'm leaning more towards the quickjack; perfectly fine for all the oil changes, tire rotations, brakes, and suspension work I do. My biggest unknown is if ~25" frame rail height will get all 4 tires off the ground (I think it might based on the Raptor video)

. If I was building a new garage I'd definitely have 3 bays, with one dedicated for a solid 2 post lift setup that I could walk under.

mainecrab

Reaction score
I would love to have something like this in my garage. I do have 9ft ceiling in the first floor of the house so I do have a little more height than normal. Hmmm decisions. Was looking at a quick jack but a 2 post may end up costing around the same in the end.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I built my barn, I wanted a place for a 2 post lift, Got extra thick concrete, re-rod and the whole thing for said 2 post lift. I ended up with a 4 post lift, 9,000# easily lifts my 07 Tahoe, and it also lifts my friends 2002 Suburban. I park my 67 Riviera on it in the winter.

I got it from Advantage Lifts https://www.advantagelifts.com/ and it works great for most things. I also got the hydraulic jack so I can lift the wheels off the rack to change tires, brakes or whatever I need. I compared this to the Bend-Pac Lift which is garbage in comparison to the lift I got.

One thing I love about my lift is, I can move it around my barn by myself, it helps to have a friend help me, but it comes with casters so I can move it around as I need to make room...

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I built my barn, I wanted a place for a 2 post lift, Got extra thick concrete, re-rod and the whole thing for said 2 post lift. I ended up with a 4 post lift, 9,000# easily lifts my 07 Tahoe, and it also lifts my friends 2002 Suburban. I park my 67 Riviera on it in the winter.

I got it from Advantage Lifts https://www.advantagelifts.com/ and it works great for most things. I also got the hydraulic jack so I can lift the wheels off the rack to change tires, brakes or whatever I need. I compared this to the Bend-Pac Lift which is garbage in comparison to the lift I got.

One thing I love about my lift is, I can move it around my barn by myself, it helps to have a friend help me, but it comes with casters so I can move it around as I need to make room...

I was looking at their website and was really impressed with their lifts. This lift sounds a lot safer to work under than the MaxJax.

micdoctr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP, you didn't say in your video how tall your garage ceiling is? Mine is 9.5ft tall, what is yours? I would rather not sit in an office chair to do work, and if i can find a contractor to raise the middle section of the roof where the roof of the car would fit into another foot, I think I would be ok with getting this lift.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP, you didn't say in your video how tall your garage ceiling is? Mine is 9.5ft tall, what is yours? I would rather not sit in an office chair to do work, and if i can find a contractor to raise the middle section of the roof where the roof of the car would fit into another foot, I think I would be ok with getting this lift.

The Max Jax is not designed to lift much higher than what is in the video. It is not a full lift design like in auto shops and those have the bracing beam across the top of them.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Quick Jack..... In a home garage.....

I installed a more commercial version of the Max Jack style in a 'Vette shop...
We drilled down to below / under the concrete for mounting hardware that held from under the concrete.
No way that will move!! And no need for a beam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz