Best Exhaust For Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just picked up my 2008 Denali and love the stock sound but I want it louder. The problem is I know absolutely nothing about anything dealing with exhaust and I would like to be a little bit more knowledgeable when it comes to deciding on what to get. And I would like to not get screwed over in high pricing.

cessna1466u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up our 2008 Yukon XL 2500 from getting an exhaust put in. There is a lot of great systems out there for these rigs. The one my local exhaust place carries is the Spintech system. He could get others but I have been taking my cars for exhaust and things I cannot handle myself to him for almost 10 years and he has never lead me wrong. We put in the dual out exhaust with both tips coming our straight back under the rear bumper. It was a little more than I thought about $500 total but he also fixed a busted bolt on one of the manifolds. After doing some research online and reading about the brand and how it performs I thought it would be OK. I was wrong, it was more than just ok. I sounds great, not too loud but definitely not stock. I am not a kid anymore and didn't want something that simply sounds loud, I wanted a bit of performance as well. Without an actual Dyno test I cannot tell for sure but it does definitely feel like it made a difference, especially when you punch it. Look up some videos on the Spintech units. I plan on taking some pics later today after I install the K&N intake. Good luck on your search and congrats on the new toy.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa has sound clips on they're site. Corsa is expensive at @ 1K but IMO worth it too.

Good luck.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Corsa.......plenty of sound clips on the web. Yes it is expensive but worth it IMO. Great quality and easy to install too. They have 2 versions-Sport and Touring. The Sport is more aggressive...I love mine!

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well seeing how I am a college student and kinda balling on a budget the Corsa might just have to wait a little while. I'm taking it to a shop at the end of May and I might just go with some flowmasters

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I got a vforce exhaust on my truck. Just the muffle. Cost $140 bucks installed at Midas... Everywhere I go and I mean everywhere I get compliments on how good it sounds and asking me what brand it is.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well seeing how I am a college student and kinda balling on a budget the Corsa might just have to wait a little while. I'm taking it to a shop at the end of May and I might just go with some flowmasters
As a former college kid (graduated in March) who just picked up an '07 Denali, I feel your pain. The Corsa systems are cat-back, if I recall, so since you'll be swapping out all your factory exhaust anyway, no reason not to hack it up and install an aftermarket muffler in the mean time. You might even be able to sell it to somebody on craigslist when you swap to Corsa and recoup some of your money instead of just tossing it in the scrap pile. Denalis came with 3.5" stainless exhaust from the factory, so I'm sure there's somebody with a Tahoe/Suburban out there who would like to upgrade.

I've already installed an SLP resonator delete kit which improved the sound a little bit, but I'm wanting to make it louder. I'm thinking of going with a Magnaflow 14161. There's a sound clip or two of it on a 6.2L on YouTube and it sounds pretty great, in my opinion.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A popular combination is to replace the stock muffler with a Borla or Magnaflow muffler and resonator delete. See here. I think most are on the 5.3s not a Denali.

kctyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I did on my Denali was remove the resonator. I didn't want it too loud so I started there. Makes a slight difference, my opinion it's just right. I get asked all the time what kind of exhaust I have. I had a shop do it and they put a magnaflow tip on for around 100 bucks.
eb914de867418a9c4e54539926937d5c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really like a 2 out setup with some nice tips. I'm just struggling with what sound I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonp