Best coil pack replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big three done last night. No difference in my headlights from my subs...
Anyways. Hoping I'll have time to work on a couple things tonight

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg. Okay I'm an idiot. Torque tells me what cylinders misfire. I know I get the multiple/random code but the only one that shows a misfire is 6. So I'm going to swap coils to see if it follows

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright. Changed the coil last night. Took her for a ride this morning, and still same miss. Maybe I miscounted? I came to cylinder 6 as being second from the back on passenger side

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
Bump again, lol

I am having the same issue. I replaced the plugs and wires last week, still nothing. I can run the truck on the highway going at about a maximum of 65 mph, any higher and the CEL comes on. I had my brother in law scan it last night and it threw the same P0300 random misfire code that the kid at Advance got when he scanned it. We have gone ahead and assumed that it was a coil pack (back tracking here, lol) but didnt know if there was an easy way to test the packs to see if they are good. I dont think it is the O2 sensors because the exhaust system is new, front to back, and the issue occurred BEFORE it was installed. I look forward to hearing back...thanks!!

Jon

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty. I monitored this more. I can make it happen in neutral. Above 2400 rpms cylinders 4,6,8, and 1 will show misfires. Below that it's fine but warmer and it seems for sure that 1 and 6 show misses continuously. New pack on 6, new plugs and wires throughout.

slick2500

Reaction score
Did you ever get the other O2 sensor in? You posted that you had a code P0430 at one time is that code still there? Both codes p0430 and p0300 point to either a bad cat or bad post cat O2 sensor, I do not believe the rear O2 can cause misfires. A bad cat can cause misfires. Seeing as you are mainly having misfires on bank 2 and the code is for the cat on bank 2 I would start there.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get the o2 sensor replaced. I'll schedule a flow test and make sure they're okay.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrgh. Got fed up with it, got an appointment Thursday for a diagnostic. Vacuum test, compression test, etc. Guy said it might be an intake gasket. I can handle that. Don't want to, but can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini