Belltech 2/4 with cornering ride quality...

What's the best rear coil?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Ok so I have read everything on this site and Im confused.
I bought the 2/4 with cornering from tony.

Im not bashing the kit yet as I havent installed the rear hardware yet, BUT I am not too pleased with the ride quality.

Right now I'm giving the kit the benefit of the doubt and saying the issue Im having is because I havent done the rear hardware but everyone says belltech is better than stock with the exception of Modded who seems to swear by pedders rear coils...

Im not sure what to do my car MUST be lowered but I want to keep all the quality I can!

Help me!

As of right now this is what my car has on it
Belltech adjustable struts
Belltech rear shocks with extenders
5303 coils with spacer
djm rear sway bar with stock links

pending install
sway bar relocation
sway bar shorter end links
front sway bar
trailing arm relocation
....i think thats it

Also feel free to tell me if anything about this is extremely stupid.

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you completed the Free Travel Mod? Without that, you're going to get a pretty crappy ride no matter what you do.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Have you completed the Free Travel Mod? Without that, you're going to get a pretty crappy ride no matter what you do.

I really really dont want to do the free travel....
because to be honest
A. im scared lol
b. its technically my moms car...
im a young one

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size wheels/tires you running? I'm running the Same kit with 22" 285/45/22 and it rides awesome! You may want to try adjusting the air ride links (if it has air ride) I just installed the spacer on the left side to rid the chevy lean and shortened the links to 2.75" and it rides and looks sweet.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
What size wheels/tires you running? I'm running the Same kit with 22" 285/45/22 and it rides awesome! You may want to try adjusting the air ride links (if it has air ride) I just installed the spacer on the left side to rid the chevy lean and shortened the links to 2.75" and it rides and looks sweet.

I run 305/35/24 next time I pick up tires im going 295 tho..
and i have no air ride.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

What's this?

Free travel mod is where you cut the bump stop bracket completely off the frame.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Dont get me wrong I think my car looks awesome lowered and in the end I'll be compensating ride quality for lowness but I want to stay at 2/3 and have the best possible ride!
This kit already much better than my last BS kit from Matix! I just had higher hopes for ride quality. This is my first lowered car and second kit on it.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

and by the way
@ 2011Tahoe I LOVE YOUR WHEELS

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your shocks new on all four corners? I have the belltech 2/4 on my burb and it rides better than stock. Some of your ride issues could be tire related too...

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Are your shocks new on all four corners? I have the belltech 2/4 on my burb and it rides better than stock. Some of your ride issues could be tire related too...

brand new struts and rear shocks all belltech
my tires are Nexan Rodian

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard some not so good things about Nexans

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I've heard some not so good things about Nexans

wouldnt doubt it lol they were cheap and they have only a couple thousand miles on them and they are almost to the warnings.....
but i do drive a little fast thru turns and such idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879