Before and After: Escalade Vent Caps, Rear Window and 3rd Brake Light - Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czargee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before

Picture1.png

After

DSC06923_v2.jpg

DSC06925_v2.jpg

DSC06926_v2.jpg

DSC06924_v2.jpg

Rear vent caps were initially Escalade pearl white. I sanded them with 1000 and 2000 and rattle painted them black (3 coats) and clear coat (2 coats).

The plastic applique where the 3rd brake light is attached to was burgundy. I painted that in the same way as the vent caps.

The brake light was faded and oxidized. Sanding, polish and wax brought it back to new.

Cost - Escalade rear vent caps = $20; 2002 Escalade rear window and brake light = $200, paint = $30 ... end result with a clean rear look = priceless.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that. You got any pics of the install? Is it just a new back window and top brake setup?

OP
OP
czargee

czargee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like that. You got any pics of the install? Is it just a new back window and top brake setup?
What's up Shaggy. No pics of the install yet. And yes, it's a whole new window and brake setup. I removed the Yukon rear window, removed the Yukon 3rd brake light and replaced it with an Escalade rear window (with brake light attached).

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Man you did a great job on that, now lets see if you can possibly debadge it and maybe a roll pan/denali bumper.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a 2000-2006 model section in the forum....

But yes that does look really nice and a lot cleaner.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you find that rear window so cheap?! if you can get your hands on another i would throw some extra dough your way to get it for me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts