BCM issues does this include the exterior mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chain Saw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing the rear door open on the dash but it is closed, I also cannot use rear wipers or washer. Now one of my mirrors will not return to the usable position.
I have ordered a new BCM and a dealership has said they will install it and program it for $150.00. Does anyone know if the BCM is causing my mirror issue?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the rear door open on the dash but it is closed, I also cannot use rear wipers or washer. Now one of my mirrors will not return to the usable position.
I have ordered a new BCM and a dealership has said they will install it and program it for $150.00. Does anyone know if the BCM is causing my mirror issue?
Could be, you really have to see what the internal trouble codes are.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, a good bi-directional scanner will help you locate the source of the issue, versus firing the parts cannon.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
power mirror is likely a broken gear (which is replaceable, takes about 30 minutes)
rear hatch is probably a sensor in the switch actuator/locking mechanism (also replaceable)
probably wasting money on a BCM, if the dealer told you that was the problem without troubleshooting it then find another dealer.........
a tech2 is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz