BB tune review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ e85 fuel mileage sux in general

~40% more fuel needed to go same distance as reg. gas.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ this point... to make HP

but to do so requires testing & mixing it...as it is not always the same consistency in blends.
oh & the govt lied about it how good it was ( my shocked face :-| ) lol

but it is cheaper than race gas ;)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF? I get better than that with a blower, cam and headers!

Depends on the quality of the E85. At Racetrac, the alcohol content was 23% on a tank of E85 and the truck averaged 15.4mpg. After filling up at Shell with E85, the alcohol content was 58% and a tank of it averaged 10.8mpg.

E85 can have anywhere from 51-83% Ethanol and the gasoline portion can be anything from high test or the waste fuel from the refining process and it seems to me we just have no way of knowing unless one buys E-85R from Sunoco.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ 1.50 in my neck of woods
I will keep pumping e85 till cold weather arrive , Tahoe is just different animal now !
Runs smooth, have good took off power , shift nice , sounds nice ,
Never did WOT yet ....

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got 2012 yukon awd denali black bear tuned and have been running a few tanks of E85 through it. E85 here is about 2.10/gal, premium is 3.40-3.70.... so cost/use is about the same. There's only a few places to find it around here (south florida) but content has been pretty good= E70+. before the tune on ethanol it really didnt seem to "open up" at WOT, 93oct felt stronger. Highway mileage cruise control 75-80mph I can stay within a 2-3 mpg of 93oct, everywhere else e85 mileage is pretty bad. I use torque app on an android head unit it to show ethanol content.
local track is shut down due to some hurricane damage or i'd have 93vsE85 numbers. ran on 93 before and after tune. datalogged justin sent an update and i havent been back since.