Battery died suddenly. Any idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Ok so this morning I went out to start the tahoe and t wouldn't start. It kept seizing when turning over. Waited 5mins and it started but would die when I turned the lights on. Waited 10 minutes tried again and it worked and lights were fine. Drive to the gunshop came home went to star it as it is dead again. Now I previously had driven two days with a sort of "4low" mod I plugged on relay harness into my battery and then stuck it into the low socket ad then another relay harness into my driver side 12v relay box. Now I noticed it was really messing with my battery power on the gauge. It was fluctuating hard especially at idle.

Could this have drained my power? I am going to assume I need a new battery and that something as simple as a recharge won't fix it. I don't have a battery charger but wanted know before I drove in my car down to the cut to Walmart or Oreillys and got a new battery.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably need to look at that 4 hi mod wiring ... it's probably wrong and pulling juice full time.

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Bad connection. The red plug and terminal were just really badly put in there. I got a replacement bolt and cleaned up the area. Gonna buy another for black since it never hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf