Bass whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set up my amp the right way however I hear a whine from it is it because I wired my power wire with the rest of the wires? How do I fix this?

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"alternator whine" is almost always a bad ground. make sure your ground is solid. make sure you scraped the paint and got to shiny metal wherever you grounded it and its not loose. it could be other things but that is where i would start.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
run power wire down the drivers side, audio wires (should be shielded type, don't scrimp out for the cheap wire) down the passenger side., your ground should be as close to the amp as reasonable. if you have them running together that is the most likely reason for the whine, sometimes you can get away with using a ground loop isolator but you may still get some noise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and just to verify before having to run the audio wires, run a set of audio wires loose down the other side as a test run the whine should be gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157