Barn Door Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well iirc the system we have on the bar doors (4 contacts/5 pins on one door & 2 contacts/2 pins on the other) is only for the barn doors. The liftgate on the regular Hoes use a different type of system to give the defroster/wiper power. So I guess we may never know what the 5th pin was for.

The 5th contact may be a chassis ground???

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Alright in short replace all contact set door and body side if not done lately. after a while cleaning will just ruin them. The right body has five pins two for defroster grid, two for power lock and the fifth is like a door open pin like other doors just different looking. That is whey there is no fifth contact on door side. Left side just has defroster circuit so only two terminals.

Heated Glass Element
Electrical Diagrams
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Defogger

Let me know If I have to repost diagram.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
alright I think these are it.

left body 15693403
left door 15693451
right door 15693450
right body 15693402

Double check with dealer. About $100 for all four.

jayman8200

Reaction score
my defroster only half works, most of one door and a few lines of the other door work, and my lock on the back doesnt work, i tried cleaning the contacts but it didnt help

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
i took my dremel and had the wire wheel attachment on it and cleaned the hell out of the contacts on the door and on the body back when i first picked up my **'. if you see any green on the contacts, thats corrosion and you wont get a good signal through that

OP
OP
B

bsamoul

Hoe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunlit, you were spot on. I ordered the replacement, and it's working again. I just wish they were faster. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted