Axxess GMOS-04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
I've installed a Pioneer p4300DVD double din in my 2004 Tahoe w/Bose.
During my installation I needed to include the Axxess GMOS-04.
Im having feedback problems with it. Is anyone else having this problem?

If I turn the volume down on the side of the box the feedback does go away but then the volume is too low for me to enjoy the music.

Any ideas?

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my installer that did my z130 had to put some type of ground loop isolator in

ohiokon

Reaction score
Just installed 2 z130's using the gmos-4's last week. I ran into a similar problem and solved it by removing the HU from the dash mount BUT leave it hooked up. Turn on the key and let the radio power up. Next remove one plug from the gmos and plug it back in with the power on. If it doesnt get better try the other plug. Really be firm plugging them back in. Also had the same issues with a Z1 with the same gmos-4. My metra rep couldn't give me a solid answer why this happens with the gmos-4's.

OP
OP
AngelsTrojans

AngelsTrojans

Reaction score
I am not experienced in electronics.
I just know how to follow instructions and am a quick learner.
Any more info on the ground loop isolator?

ohiokon

Reaction score
I am not experienced in electronics.
I just know how to follow instructions and am a quick learner.
Any more info on the ground loop isolator?

Just trying to offer my experience in electronics. Just unplug the harnesses from the gmos box and plug them back in with the radio power on. That simple!!!! You are out nothing, no money just your time.

BigWhiteHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before you bother with a GLI try turning down the gain on the GMOS, mine had nasty feedback but when i turned the gain down it went away and now sounds fantastic. the gain is next to the 14 pin connector. This is what worked for me, my stereo still has plenty of volume and no annoying hum

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I came across this. I just bought a Axxess GMOS-04 off ebay cause Santa should be bringing me a Pioneer P4300DVD! I also need to dig up the parking brake fix I saw awhile back on youtube so I can play DVD's all the time. I place to get some headrest screens eventually and need to be able to play while driving obviously.

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just trying to offer my experience in electronics. Just unplug the harnesses from the gmos box and plug them back in with the radio power on. That simple!!!! You are out nothing, no money just your time.

Just wondering how the power stays on if you unplug the power harness. Or do you just do the other harness and rca's.:emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts