'09 Yukon Denali - Rear screen doesn't turn off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBCv8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy folks.
I just installed a new double din Pioneer head unit (DMH-241EX) and a Crux (CRUX SOOGM-16) wiring harness/device that retains all the stock functionality.
I'm using the Axxess GMRSAV harness to send the video signal to the rear monitor.

Lastly, I have the Micro Bypass wired in as well.
*To preface, I'm very familiar and proficient wiring car audio systems.

Everything works; door chimes, steering wheel controls, audio and video on the rear screen, stereo and sub amplifier powers on and off with the key\opening the door.

The trouble is, the rear screen doesn't turn off when the stereo powers down, it sits at a white screen. Any ideas?
The wiring guide was extremely easy to follow.

Their tech support is only M-F but I really need my truck road ready by Monday without having to disconnect the battery when parked.

*Edit: The screen remains on full-time, doesn't matter if the stereo is on or off, or whether the battery was just connected.

Is that supposed to happen? I stood out there for a couple minutes before pulling the battery.
Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SBCv8

SBCv8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the manual for the Crux unit.
I read it again and found something at the bottom of page 4 that might be related.

While I hadn't planned to use the headphones or remote control back there, I'm wondering if this is the issue.

1686456080452.png

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you just maybe pull the fuse rather than pulling the battery every time? Having similar issue where my lights on my radio won’t turn off when the stereo shuts down with the car, everything works but the lights just stay onF71098C5-71A3-4774-9C18-6CF77C48DC1E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar