Aux Input in 2015 LTZ Suburban makes buzzing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just tried for the 1st time using the power outlet and the auxilary input to connect an xbox 360 to the rear seat entertainment system. 360 powered up showed up on the screens then when I put the headphones on to listen to the sound it was just a loud buzzing noise over the top of the 360 sound. When I unplugged both red and white cables the video screens would get a slow line across the screen that would start at the bottom and slowly go towards the top. Then when plugging the red and whites back in the line stopped and the buzzing continued. Tried 2 different 360 and even a DVD player just for the heck of it. Same thing happened everytime. And yes I hade the right connections hooked up. Not a headphone issue rather an issue with the yellow, red, white connection on my suburban. This is a post October produced Suburban(wireless charging pad, etc.) Already had an issue with the stupid antenna not working for the GPS now this. Had my suburban since Oct. 29th. My guess is there is some wires touching internally or an open ground wire somewhere. Anyone else experience this? Nice when I look on the forums and I see people hooking up their 360's or Roku devices with no issues. Thats what I want!

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like electrical interference - have you tried using a different cable? Some cables are shielded to help prevent this. Also could come from the inverter or other electrical equipment in the car.

OP
OP
J

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I tried 2 different 360 I used 2 different cables. When I tried the DVD used different cables as well. Had ledt the vehicle at the local dealership and got a call back that they used higher end cables and got no buzzing npise. I said did you guys try it using the headphones and not the vehicles speakers. Cause if the kids are playing Xbox I wouldnt be playing that sound ovwr the vwhicle speakers. It would be thru the headphones. They said oh no sir he didnt try it with the headphones and hes left for the day. So I guess ill wait to see tomorrow.

OP
OP
J

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Said that it was working fine no buzzing thru the headphones or anything. I said fine. ill bring my xbox with me and we can try it out. So i get there with the service advisor hook up the 360 and still buzzing. I give her the headphones hear ou listen. I asked for the tech who worked on it told him to bring the supposedly cable he used to get no buzzing and he supposedly was testing out a car. Advisor has me turn in the rental car says she will talk to her mgr and see if there is a bulletin or part that can be ordered so they can figure it out without me just leaving the car there for days with no repair. So after I turn in the rental I comeback and ask if the tech was available. She said he was back but they want the tech to go over it with the shop supervisor to figure it out. sounds like BS to me. I try it it doesnt work some tech that they cant produce or any other cables cmon son! What a joke. Invlolved Chevy customer care yet again to try to get my problem resolved. Twice ive taken my vehicle in and twice thyve said it was repaired and when we show up its not.

MN 15i XL Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with this?

I've had my 2015i XL Denali for about a month and can't get my PS3 to run well. Tons of noise through the system so I tried a new cable and there was no difference. I also tried playing a camcorder through the composite RCAs, and that displayed and sounded great. Then I plugged in the power for the PS3 while playing the camcorder and it still looked/sounded great so it wasn't interference coming from the power supply... Has anyone been successful playing a PS3 through the AUX?

Tmilr90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my new 2015 Tahoe. Xbox and Playstation both have the line going through screen and the buzzing in the sound. Going to take it in but am worried they won't find the problem. I also tried a camcorder and a regular DVD player and they both played fine. Seems weird. Could it somehow be the refresh rate of the screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts